Privacy & Security
Privacy (inc Cookies)
Your right to privacy is very important. TDL (referred to below as “we” or “us”) recognise that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. We believe this information should only be used to help us provide you with a better service. That’s why we have put a policy in place to protect your personal information.
By using this website, you give your consent that all personal data you submit may be processed in the manner and for the purposes described below.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Technology Direct Limited with registered office at Aizelwoods Mill, Nursery Street, Sheffield S3 8GG.
- 1) What personal information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about You:
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- Details of transactions You carry out through our website and the fulfilment of your order; When making a purchase with TDL, we will collect your contact information, which includes name, address, email address and phone number, as well as payment information;
- When you become a TDL customer you automatically subscribe to electronic newsletter and special offer promotions. You can adjust your email preferences and/or unsubscribe from certain communications via your Account Control Panel;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Other information to help us provide you with improved services; and
- We may also collect information from the cardholder of another member of your household.
- 2) How we use your information
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- To enable us to review, develop and improve the website and services;
- To provide customer care;
- To carry out marketing and statistical analysis;
- To notify you about changes to our website and services; and
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contact for such purposes.
- 3) With whom is the information shared?
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- Any employees, agents or service providers of TDL to deal with any accounts or to deliver specific services or goods to you;
- Any associated company who are our business partners and/or with whom we work;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, subject to their entering into appropriate confidentiality undertakings;
- If TDL or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of TDL, our customers, or others. This includes but is not limited to exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and dispute policies.
If you do nothing other than read pages or download information while using this web site, we will capture and store information about your visit. This information will not identify you; it relates to:
- the Internet domain and IP address from which you access the web site;
- the type of browser (Internet Explorer or Netscape) and operating system (Windows, UNIX) you use;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages you visit; and
- the address of the web site from which you linked to us (if applicable).
We use this information to make each visit more rewarding, and to provide us with information to help improve our service. We do not know (and do not want to know) the identities of people who visit us in this way.
For further information about cookies, you may like to visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- 5) Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secured servers within Europe, including the United Kingdom. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Credit card numbers are used for processing payment only and are not retained for marketing purposes.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- 6) Links
Fasthosts may provide links to third party sites. Since we do not control those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party sites. Any information You supply on such sites will not be within our control.
- 7) How can you update the personal information you have provided to us?
You must maintain the accuracy of your information and ensure all your details, including but not limited to, name, address, title, phone number, e-mail address and payment details are kept up to date at all times. You must do this by updating your personal details within your Accounts Control Panel.
- 8) Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by e-mailing us at enquiries @portablestage.co.uk
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- 9) Contact Us
Please e-mail any questions or comments you have about privacy to us at enquiries @portablestage.co.uk
Please note: by signing up for any of our services you agree to be bound by all TDL terms and condition
• TDL will conduct its’ business in accordance with UK legislation and the authoritative guidelines with integrity, due care, skill and diligence.
• All frontline staff will be trained on induction with an overview of current legislation and conditions and codes of practice.
• TDL will work closely with the industry bodies in order to develop best practice and to share information that may help with the delivery of this key objective.
(ii) Money Laundering
• Where relevant, all staff will be trained to be made aware of what may constitute a suspicious transaction that would prompt a Suspicious Activity Report (“SAR”).
• A designated Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”) will take responsibility for SAR’s made to the Serious Organised Crime Agency (“SOCA”) in respect of the prevention and detection of money laundering, counter-terrorism financing, and fulfil VCL’s obligations under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
• All SAR’s will be forwarded to the MLRO who will always report any transaction to SOCA unless instructed by them not to do so.
• The MLRO will decide on ‘suspicion based reports’ as to whether a SAR to SOCA is required.
• Should SOCA or any relevant recognised body alter or amend the codes of practice, then VCL will adopt the new policies with immediate effect.
(iii) On Line Security
TDL understands the importance of information security and the techniques needed to secure information to prevent online fraud. The following measures will be put in place immediately:
• All personal information which is received directly from customers will be stored in a password protected database and will be fully protected by Encrypted Security Certificates. Fully encrypted payment gateways will be used to prevent fraud.
• Protected databases will reside within TDL’s secure network behind active state of the art firewall software.
• TDL will take steps to ensure its subsidiaries, agents, affiliates and suppliers also employ adequate levels of online security to ensure customer data protection.
• TDL will have a stringent identity verification process to assist in money laundering prevention and fraudulent use of the website. Checks will be made against new customers, their email validity and business address.
• Secure credit card payments will be insured by using a leading transaction provider to process online payment transactions.
The website is easy to understand with limited possibility to be misleading to a consumer.
Nevertheless TDL is committed to high standards of customer service and to giving its customers all the information which they require in order to make a considered decision in relation to their purchase.
The following measures will be taken to ensure compliance with this key objective:
• TDL will make available to its customers on each page of its website contact information together with details of our products and services.
• TDL will provide customers with easily accessible information about their account online.
• The website will provide full descriptions of the products and prices to ensure that customers are not unfairly disadvantaged.
• TDL will continue to work with third party suppliers with the objective of ensuring that it operates in compliance with the high standard of online technical requirements.
• TDL will publish a clear and transparent complaints procedure, which will be available to all customers. Complaints will be dealt with efficiently and customers will be helped to resolve any issues they may have.
• TDL will ensure that all employees will be trained and be aware of the rights of the consumer and to abide by them at all times.
• Any advertising and promotional material will be clear and transparent and not at all misleading.
• Considerable time and effort has been put into the conception of the website. The site and its products are fair and clear.